About Me

My photo
Michigan, United States
I am a mommy of 7 year old boy/girl twins, as well as two additional daughters ages 2 and 4 and a teenage step son!! Life is always crazy around here!!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cannoli Filling

The other day I decided I wanted to make a cannoli cake. We had been watching season one and 2 of "Cake Boss" and  in one episode they were talking about cannoli's and my hubby could not stop talking about how much he wanted one he  even tried bribing me to drive to St Joes Hospital and get him one from Java Joe's. ( his mom spoiled us to them after  his kidney removal)  Instead I attempted to make my own filling. It turned out REALLY good too!

2 cups (15 oz.) Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
3 Tbsp. sugar
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips (optional)
,
To make Ricotta Filling: Beat Ricotta cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed in bowl with electric mixer 3 minutes. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips.

My cake did not exactly stay in one piece so I made it into more of a triffle. I did not use a particular recipe for the cake. I made a cake per box direction's added 4 tbs's of sour cream ( I love the Cake Doctor cook book) It was a very yummy moist cake. I used a ganache frosting to drizzle on top recipe can be found here http://pleasedontburnette.blogspot.com/2010/10/ganache.html



 cannoli filling recipe form

http://www.sargento.com/recipes/64/cannoli-cake/

No comments:

Post a Comment