About Me

My photo
Michigan, United States
I am a mommy of 7 year old boy/girl twins, as well as two additional daughters ages 2 and 4 and a teenage step son!! Life is always crazy around here!!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot Recipe

This looks so yummy! I thought I would share it with you!  if you make this before I get a chance to please comment and let me know how it is!

Ingredients


1 15 oz can of canned pumpkin OR 3 cups of fresh pumpkin (peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes)
 5 cups water
1 1/2 cups steel-cut oats
1/4 cup honey
 1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
 1/2 tsp nutmeg
 1/2 tsp salt

Directions

Combine everything in a crock pot, cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir well before serving.

NOTE: If you use the canned pumpkin instead of the fresh, your oatmeal texture will be creamier and more like a chunky puree.

 makes 8 servings
Serving size is approx 1 cup
Each serving = 3 Point Total


http://www.laaloosh.com/2009/12/30/pumpkin-oatmeal-crock-pot-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment